Saturday, January 28, 2012

Something I am going to try and work on!

I am relatively consistent in my workouts, but what I am not consistent at is what I do when I workout. I love to switch up my specific exercises ranging from staples such as pushups, dead lifts, bicycles, planks, lunges, (assisted) pull-ups, and in addition I love to do plyometric exercises. Plyo exercises are squat jumps, lunge jumps, calf jumps, lateral bounds, skips for distance, or skips for height; those are just to name a few. My problem is not exercising but sticking with a routine. I have obviously found success in weight loss with my hodge-podge, fly-by-my-seat type of workouts, but what I really want to do is have a routine that I commit to for 4 weeks and then move on to do something new. I love to workout SO much (no sarcasm because I really do like to workout) that I want to do it all so I try to, and that has kind of worked for me but then again not so my much. The problem with my method or lack therefor is that it is difficult to measure increased strength in different muscle groups because the consistency is not there.

So this is my post to declare that I, Alexandria Lewis WIll commit to a workout routine for 4 workouts before changing it.

I will post that routine hopefully by Sunday night. I think that my previous plan had me doing a little too much leg/glute training with no time for full recovery so I am going to do only one day of weight training for legs/glute training and perhaps at the end of the week I will have a plyo and track workout. I just need to commit to my plan this next 4 weeks in order to truly see my muscle mass increase.

Happy workout planning to me and to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment