Sunday, April 8, 2012

Training Plan for My Sprint Triathlon

10 more days until I will be swimming 150m, biking 10.5mi, and running 3.1mi one right after the other. And for the most part I feel like I am prepared. This Saturday I was able to take my Cannondale hybrid bike out for a LONG ride. My intent was to go 25 minutes in one direction and then turn around. Distance was kind of a priority but because my iPhone gps can be faulty, time was more of a reliable measurement. The road cycling distance which I later plotted on a map was a little over 8 miles. This is the furthest I have ever rode a bike so I am pretty stoked that I accomplished it. The extra 2 miles will be completely achievable!

On Sunday I was able to get a 2.5 mile interval run in and than later a brief but intense upper body workout.

This week is my last week to truly push myself in workouts before tapering the following week before the race.

Monday and Tuesday I took a much needed break before my training began again.

Wednesday I had Spin class and an intensive core and upper body workout.

Tomorrow I will be swimming and doing a lower body plyo workout.

Friday the plan is to do a 3.5 mile run with the last mile 200 meter speed intervals.

Saturday is all about the 11 mile bike ride. 3 more miles than the Saturday before and I know I will be able to do it.

Sunday will be my rest day.

Until then happy exercising and eating whole nutrient dense foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment