Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Flex Mama Flex!


I am going to let the photo's taken speak for themseleves ;-)

My past few posts have been food related but I asure you that I am still hitting the weights hard and running, swimming, and biking with GUSTO.  Today I saw a flier for a sprint triathlon that my university is hosting the 21st of April---That is 18 days away!! Whoa whoa that makes me a little nervous but all in all I know I can complete the race.  As specified on the flier the race will consist of a 150meter swim (usually sprint tri's are 1/2 mile), 10.5 mile bike ride, and a 5k or 3.1 mile run/walk.  The swimming and running-check! The biking is going to be my weak link since I have only biked about 6 miles max so far.  For the next 12 days I will be concentrating on speed intervals in the pool and track and getting my biking up to 8, 10, and then 12 miles--tall order I know! Right before the race I will be giving myself 6 days of easy run/walking, swimming, and biking right- this is refered to as tapering. 

I had already planned to post my workout for the next month but that is going to be revised slightly in order to fit more cyling into the week. 

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment