Thursday, September 5, 2013

Foods I am Loving Lately and an Excellent Smoothie Recipe


Vegan chocolate cake with peanut butter vegan icing


Creamy roasted tomato soup
Quesadillas with cashew cheez, black beans, zucchini, baby spinach and kale



              Green Power Smoothie: 

1.5 cups of frozen broccoli
1/2 large cucumber 
2 celery stalks with leaves
small peach 
small red pear

Blended in my Vitamix blender with 1/2 cup of coconut water and 1/2 cup of water.
(Optional add ins- vegan protein powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp of coconut butter or oil, 1 tsp of maca powder)


Collard leaves burritos with quinoa, avocado, and black bean salad with cilantro, lime, and sweet potato


I have not been eating as many leafy green salads as I have been in the past, so that is something I am working on. Yet again I am also juicing and blending more leafy greens, so all in all I am getting a lot of macro and micro-nutrients. I usually have a post-workout juice that I juice in my Breville, today though I just had lunch, which was the quesadillas and soup. 

This is not everything that I eat in a day, just some of want I have eaten today :) I forgot to mention the bowl of frosted shredded wheat with soy milk. 

I also have drank 7 glasses of water, two cups of green and peppermint tea, and an hour before bed I will have a cup of chamomile tea. 

I have made a quinoa/bean salad that will tomorrows lunch with more of the roasted tomato soup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment