Thursday, December 18, 2014

12 Week Goal Setting

12 Week Goals

Recently, I have been listening to No Meat Athlete Podcast and I love it! Each week of so they do a podcast on various topics or with a guest vegetarian/vegan athlete. Listening to these podcasts are a constant source of motivation to be the healthiest and fittest person I can be.  

Yesterday on my long commute to work (2-4 times a month I drive 3 hours drive to and 3 hours from for work!!!!), I was listening to their goal-setting podcast titled: "How to Use December to Avoid the New Year's Trap." From this I was inspired to begin to write out my goals for the year, and to even better than just goals for the year, but 12 week goals in 4 areas of my life: 

(1) Family/Relationships
(2) Personal Creativity
(3) Fit and Healthy Body
(4) Work/School

Family/Relationship goal is two-fold and not related to one another: 
  • Limit boy's tv time--ESPECIALLY during the week and engage them in creative activities.
  • Write a letter bi-weekly to one of my friend
Personal Creativity goal is for me to journal daily. I have a journal already for these purpose and now I will bring it with me so those spare moments when I would before get on my phone and browse the web/Pinterest/Facebook, I can instead write my thoughts and feelings and perhaps a poem. 

Fit and Healthy body goal is a little more detailed as that is the area that I have been struggling the most this past year, although I have had strength gains but no real fat loss. 
  • Adopt a modified Eat to LIve Nutritarian 6-week meal plan.This is something I have been building up slowly to do and I finally feel that I can commit to the whole 6 weeks.  
  • Currently, I am exercising consistently 3-6 days a week. The only alteration I will make to this part of my goal is that I begin swimming or biking once a week, on top of my 2 runs and 2-4 days of heavy lifting circuit/HIIT training. I currently am using 20 lbs/25 lbs/30 lbs dumbbells in my training so YIPPEE for strength building!
Work/School goal is to continue learning as much as I can from work and paralegal cert. classes. Last term was a success and this upcoming term will likely be a success as well. 

The Balance Act


Balancing these four areas of my life is challenging some weeks and that is okay with me. The first thing to fall wayside is my health and fitness goals which are usually just reduced in effort exerted in accomplishing them. I have accepted that this will happen from time to time. The most important thing for me to remember is that a few bad days during the week will not derail my healthy and fit body goals. 




One of the Fitness Facebook groups I am part of, the admin posted this and I loved it so I am sharing it on here as well :)

So yes, the next 12 weeks my goals are as outlined above. The concrete days are from December 18, 2014 to March 12, 2015. 

Heres to weekly check-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment