Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Juggling Family, Work, and a Fit Lifestyle

The Adjustment Period

At the end of December I returned back to work.  I am a legal assistant at a small law firm in Tacoma, Washington. So far I am really enjoying where I work and the attorney I work for. Recently, I received a promotion and will now be working full time.  I am looking forward to the added responsibility.  

As the title of this post alludes, for the past five months I have been learning to adjust to working again and how to best prioritize my time to maximize family time, while fitting in decent workouts. The first couple of months, I worked on planning and eating nutrient dense meals and spending quality time with my family.  Slowly I begun to add in short and intense workout and a run every now and then.  

So that is where I am now. 

Links to My Favorite FREE Workout Sites 

I still LOVE Bodyrock.tv workouts and have also started using Hasfit.com as a source of excellent workouts, and Ekhart Yoga and other Yoga teachers that post their videos on Youtube.  I recommend highly to utilizing free workout sources on the web.  

My Fit Body

I have pretty much been the same weight since I last posted pictures  back in November. Sometimes a little less and sometimes a little more.  Now I am back to losing but that is because my dietary decision have been smart and consistent, especially during the week.

I am far stronger than I was back in November as I can do 5 sets of 10-12 beautiful push-ups  and my average mile per hour is less than 10 minutes if I am running without the double jogger.  

Saw the below picture on Pinterest and it reminded me that fitness and health goals should both be short and long term.  
Right now I am focusing on small short term goals about 2 to 4 weeks at a time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment