Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Successful new parent tips (SAHM -type tips)

I love the meet-up group/play group I found for my son.  The women are great and the kids are funny.  I am more than positive that not only is my meetup group fantastic but all the other ones as well.  The age group at the playgroup is 6 months to 5 year old- the 3-5 year olds are siblings of the younger toodlers.  I know believe it is important for SAHM's to find other mothers and their babies to hang out with because not only will you have some grown up take time and your child will socialize with other babies which I think is SUPER important for their development.  Another important tip is that if possible make sure you have someone (husband, family, friend, neighbor, or professional) to watch your baby for just a couple of hours a week. I have Lee watch Rocket during my bike rides or tempo runs just because I need time alone with my thoughts.

These tips are not something that I created as they are in almost every mom blog or article written about retaining your sanity while being a new parent it is just I wanted to add my affirmation to these already well-known and used tips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment