Saturday, November 19, 2011

The end of my semester and No daycare for Rocket for a month

With just a few more weeks (including finals) left in my fall semester, I find that although I am overly elated at it's end (more so than any semester before because being a parent to a baby and a student is HARD); I am also a little forlorn. The daycare I take my son to is pretty awesome and the babies that he interacts with three times a week are pretty special guys and girls. Not only with Rocket miss them but I am going to miss them too for that month break.

Back story: I live in Hope Mills, NC and UNC at Pembroke is about 40 minutes away and I commute back and forth about 4 times a week. In between my morning classes and early evening classes I have a two hour block and I visit my son at daycare. I nurse and play with him and then also play with other 4 babies during that time.

So when I say I will miss them it is because I will as I also interact with them. In addition to my sadness of missing the babies, I am also aware that I will be depriving Rocket of his companions that he is used to during the week. I know that Rocket enjoys the other babies and that they all benefit from each others company.

That is the problem: Rocket's daycare although convenient during the semester is not so convenient at semesters end.

Lee and I are still trying to come up with a solution to this problem that allows Rocket to have some baby companions time and me some "me" time. There are options but in my opinion just not very good options.

Not sure what I want to do but I do know I have only a few weeks to figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment