Saturday, February 23, 2013

7 months later...It's a baby boy!

I have been absent from the blogosphere these past 7 months and this little guy, Alexander Orion Pax Lewis (Lex) is partly responsible. During my pregnancy I like to keep things a little hush hush and trying to blog about food and fitness without mentioning my pregnancy seemed impossible so I just stopped until our little one was born.

Lex came into this world at 2:51am on Friday, February 8, 2013. His birth was drug-free and although the midwife had to break my water, I was very happy with my second birth experience. I was able to move and walk as I needed which was amazing. With Rocket I delivered at a different hospital and had to stay in the bed except to use the bathroom. For the military moms who may read this blog, I delivered Lex at Womack on Fort Bragg. The midwives are terrific, especially Terry Downs.

I pushed for about 25 minutes and then Lex was born. Hooray! I did tear which was unfortunate and uncomfortable to deal with days later.

Here I am two week postpartum with Rocket and Lex. I am feeling great. A little tired at times but that is expected. Next post will discuss more about what my prenatal eating and exercise was and what my postnatal eating and exercise plan will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment