Saturday, April 19, 2014

Workout of the Week for April 19, 2014

I would like to introduce my first (of what should be many) 
Workout of the Week.

Each week or so, I hope to share one of my workouts. I am not trained or certified in personal training, but I have seen results in the workouts I create for myself. 

Perhaps these posts will inspire someone else to begin working out at home and that would be terrific. 

This is a dumbbell workout, targeting these main muscle groups: chest, back, thighs and glutes. The core, shoulders, triceps, and calves are secondary muscle groups being worked. 

My home gym equipment I am using today: 
             A fitness ball, 2-15lbs dumbbells, and a foam roller

The Workout:

Warm-up: I did a 3 minute warm-up of alternating jumping jacks and high knees.  
                  20 repetitions before switching off to do the next, repeating for 3 minutes 

Superset 1: Dumbbell (DB) Squat and DB Stiff-legged Deadlift
                     3 sets of 15 repetitions for each exercise.  I rested about 1 minute before beginning the next superset.  


Superset 2: One-armed DB Row and DB Chest Press on Exercise Ball
                     *3 sets of 15 repetitions for each exercise.  I rested about 1 minute before beginning the next superset.



Giant Set: Exercise Ball Leg Curl with Upright DB Row and 
                  DB Curtsy Lunge with Alternating Push-up with Foam Roller
                 *I did these 4 exercises back to back for 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions each.  
                  At the end of the Giant Set I rested for about 30-45 seconds before completing the set again. 

    
    

And that concludes my workout.  This took me about 35 minutes and I did stretch afterwards for about 5 minutes.  

Post Workout Nutrition: 1/2 scoop of MRM Chocolate Veggie Protein Powder mixed with water and about 45 minutes a PB and Berry Jam sandwich on whole wheat.  
For the most part I try to limit how much wheat I eat, but every now and then, a PBJ is where it is at!. 

Stay tuned for next post as I will cover what foods I make over the weekend to help me save time preparing meals during the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment